A nerd with a beard
I am an Instructional Designer (ID) by day, and an IT enthusiast by night. My passions include – diving deep into ID theories and principles, learning new softwares around learning, and fiddling through coding languages.
You can also poke me for a conversation if you are interested in sketching, guitar, game development, or The Three Stooges…(in short anything).
8 years of experience in training and development with current focus on creating rich and effective learning solutions based on adult learning principles and charting out new instructional design strategies for better retention.
Managing end to end training development, from past 5 years.
Training the ID team in rapid authoring techniques and ID principles, from past 5 years.
Identifying the skill gaps and coordinating with various stakeholders of T&D team for numerous projects.
Implementing the SCORM/xAPI reporting process through LMS (Moodle).
June 2018 – Present: Learning Solution Architect
May 2017 – June 2018: Lead Instructional Designer
- Collaborate with SMEs to collect the information needed
- Determine the target audience, theme, outline, objectives and approach. Brainstorming instructional design strategies
- Ensure appropriate ID theories and principles are followed during the development
- Develop SBs, audio and video scripts for the e-learning projects
- Decide and implement the interactivity levels required in the e-learning
- Collaborate with team (GD/ID/Animators/Audio-Video talents) to create quality output
- Proof the content/ e-learning at multiple stages
- Develop and manage checklists for enhancing the efficiency and quality in ID tasks
- Develop assessments, supplementary material if required, in addition to the e-learning
- Manage and implement gamification into the learning as & when needed
- Collaborate with SME and finalize the seat time for the content
- Define project schedules and stages to be covered from draft to final product
- Keep track of project tasks and status
- Manage inter department resource conflicts in case of multiple projects
- Raise flags with relevant stakeholders for any concerns
- Create and manage training to new joinees in ID team
- Plan and deploy training programs at various ID entry levels
- Manage skill levels of the team in instructional designing and authoring tools
- Ensure that the team is up to date with latest trends in e-learning
- Ensure ID principles and theories are practiced while content development
- Develop and implement standards for content and approach
- Ensure skills learned are assessed and documented for future reference
- Create and manage a Digital Showcase for marketing and sales pitches
- Develop new samples/ update existing ones whenever necessary to keep the showcase up to date with latest trends and technologies
- Create, manage and update case studies, newsletters and write-ups to supplement marketing pitches
- Manage the time lines and milestones to create the samples
- Ensure that all the Digital Showcase items are well documented for plug and play sales pitches
- Create POCs for the client
- Understand the requirement and propose an appropriate solution
- Create documentations (Understanding Document/HLD/FSD) for the e-learning project
- Study various LMS platforms and assess their integration to business solutions
- Evaluate new and emerging trends and technologies and their implementation into e-learning
- Explore new tips and tricks in rapid authoring tools and update the team
- Create samples in latest authoring tools for marketing
1. E-Learning Tools
Articulate Studio '09/'13
Adapt Authoring Tool
2. Video Tools
3. Audio Tools
4. Graphic Design
Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, GIMP.
5. Strong skills in
MS PowerPoint/ Word /Excel and Project Management
6. Working knowledge of
November 2015 – May 2017:
Designation: Senior Instructional Designer
My key responsibilities included:
- Review and mentor team’s work and progress
- Create and maintain standards for production
- Create and maintain timelines for projects
- Find new and innovative ways to improve instructional design, and user engagement
- Research on new tools and incorporate relevant tools in production
- Keep the team up-to-date with latest authoring tools and techniques
- Use latest production techniques to develop quality training material